Sunday, March 18, 2007

Teenage behavior

a comment i heard just yesterday still lingers in my mind.

'you are so observant.'
my instant reaction was to give compliments to past job experiences. But the conversation follows where, 'most people think differently from us and thus makes us look so old.'

Now, this really drives me to blog about it.
The dying teenage generation.

Kids these days are overly dependant on the older generation. Being brought up in the modern era where technology becomes so advanced and fast, have everyone forgotten what they have gone through before technology bloomed?

For me, being brought up to think life must be earned does helps in my maturity stage. Having worked since secondary 3, i have picked up many skills such as communicating with proper manners and poising myself as a representative of my company. comparing this with what most kids nowadays does, you can see why this matter bugs me so much.

at any point of time, throughout places such as orcahrd road, arcades, theatres or even simply anywhere on the streets, you must have noticed the 'wide' vocabulary our youths have developed. the uncouth behavior, arrogant pampered attitude, vulgar disrepectful speech, these simply describes these youngsters that have failed to properly grow up according to the teachings of their families and schools. I must first explain that i am not discriminating kids with a lack of proper guidance from broken families or as a matter of fact, im not discriminating anyone. it just bugs me that youths that must carry the country forward and will soon and quick enough move into the adulthood are still lacking too much!

Just hoping that parents, teacher and peers plays their part and roles in ensuring these teenagers grow up soon and well enough to cope with what they can't seem to be able to. (adulthood)

1 comment:

Vivien said...

HEY, that comment "ure very observant" came from me when sitting down at Cine waiting 4 Joyce isit? or not? LOL! its very familiar but. LOL okie nvm! x=